With Master Degree in IT from London, UK plus another Computer Science Degree from Sydney Australia and over 12 years
working experiences in multiple industries including banking, insurance, telecom, publics health sector, NGO and higher
education such as universities, Samrith is now a Lead IT Project Manager at NHCADS-MoH Cambodia sponsoring by CDCUS Embassy.
He used to be a Director of IT at University of Cambodia as well as an IT System Planning Manager at AEON Bank.
In his earlier years, he was working for AIA Life Insurance and Ezecom Telecom company in management level position. He
also used to be employed by Camintel Telecom company for almost 4 years.
Lead IT Project Manager
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Jan 2020 – Present (10 months +)
CDC-US Embassy funded Lead IT Project Manager for NCHADS under Ministry of Health:
– Plans, develops, organizes, coordinates, and manages a major information technology project using standard
techniques, processes, and tools. Develops and gains approval of project plans; conducts cost/benefit analyses
and risk assessments.
– Monitors and reviews project progress; serves as liaison with customers; adjusts schedules and plans as
necessary; identifies and resolves issues; works with NCHADS to develop and implement security plans and
procedures; obtains user acceptance of completed products and services.
– Provides technical support and assistance to NCHADS in planning system rollouts and
upgrades to ensure the least impact on the customer. Ensures that appropriate documentation and
deliverables are created and maintained according to approved processes and policies. Ensures adherence to
– Coordinates with stakeholders and partners to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables;
monitors project activities and resources to mitigate risk; implements or maintains quality assurance
processes. Makes improvements, solves problems, or takes corrective action when problems arise; gives
presentations or briefings on all aspects of the project; coordinates phase, milestone, and final project reviews.
Identifies project documentation requirements or procedures; and develops and implements product release
– Evaluates, monitors, or ensures compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures;
purchases or contracts for Information Technology services, equipment, products, supplies, property, or other
items; participates in change control; ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are
developed and made available to customers.
University IT Lecturer
The University of Cambodia
Feb 2016 – Jan 2020 (4 years)
Delivering professional teaching and sharing knowledge to post graduate and under graduate students at
many Universities including:
– Build Bright University – www.bbu.edu.kh
– University of Puthisastra – www.puthisastra.edu.kh
– Phnom Penh International University – www.ppiu.edu.kh
– South-East Asia University and – www.usea.edu.kh
– Royal University of Law and Economics on Computer Science courses – www.rule.edu.kh
– University of Cambodia – www.uc.edu.kh
Subjects Included: Computer Operating System, Data Warehouse with Advanced SQL server features, Web
Design with PHP and MySql, Advanced Computer Networking, IT Project management, Oracle Database,
Mobile app development and MS SQL server management etc
– Skills: students, classroom and course management. Responsible for knowledge sharing and producing the
best quality of teaching experience to ensure the students will gain best knowledge and get a good job aer
IT Application Manager
Aug 2018 – Aug 2019 (1 year 1 month)
In charge of leading and managing members of applications engineers.
– Delegation, following up and coaching
– Meeting with top management team for progress update to avoid task/project delay
– Research on new technologies and implementing for more productivity and manageable with effectiveness
– Flexible management styles to retain talents
– Support Ezecom business and IT operations per duty
– Hard Skills: SDLC, Agile, E-commerce technology .e.g PHP and its frameworks, MS .Net framework. API
concept. Mobile applications technologies (Andriod and iOS). SVN and Git for version control. Linux and
Windows server OS. IIS, SSL cert, Apache and Tomcat. Perl language. Virtualization environment. Automation.
Real time or online payment via mobile app or website. DBMS management and DB implementation (plus
backup and replication). HA and DR plan and implementation.
– Applications soware experiences: CRM, Core banking system, HRM, HelpDesk and ticketing system. Projects
management soware. Bitrix24 portal. Billing system. password management. Office 365. process and system
drawing tool. Other intranet applications for large enterprises business benefits.
Feb 2017 – Jul 2018 (1 year 6 months)
Manage the team of Application Developers and soware vendors for AIA Cambodia
– Handle multiple projects and task every day to ensure that projects finish by deadline
– Manage vendors: contract, proposal and non-disclosure agreement documents.
– Work professionally with soware vendors, local and overseas to achieve the targets by frequent meeting and
follow up and report to top level management for decision making.
– Dealing with BA team for user requirements building, work with finance department for PO & PR Raising and
register new vendor, and work with legal team to make sure everything is complied with AIA Group of company
standard policy (Risk & Security)
– Technical experience including: soware analysis and design. Implementation and testing (functional and
security testing). Server administration and maintenance. SQL server and database design and tuning. DotNet
and Java plus API and web services knowledge
– HA & DR plan for all systems: Windows, AS400 & Linux platforms
PRAK Samrith – page 2
– Strong Communications skill, chairing meeting and presentation skill
– Team building, staff management and leadership skills
System Planning Manager
AEON Specialized Bank (Cambodia) Plc.
Aug 2016 – Feb 2017 (7 months)
Lead the IT Team of Aeon bank, duties including:
– Regular meeting with top management team and President of Aeon bank
– Conference Video call with vendors and also with Aeon bank technical teams in other regions to share and
– Dealing with Core IT banking system, Cyber Law, System Security and Development
– Coach and train subordinate to finish project on time, motivate the team to work hard and in harmonies
– Knowledge in banking products such as Personal loan, Credit card, acquiring business, mVisa, POS/mPOS
– Work with IBM AS400, bank Network topology and System Infrastructure
– Planning and managing about overall system policies and middle term strategic plan
– Planning related to system risk management, and evaluate, improve risk management
– Social trend surveys on settlement, authentication, new technology etc. in domestic and international
– Planning and managing of the budget related system
– Planning related to New System implementation
– Matters related to select 3rd party vendors
– Create and Evaluate BCP and DRP
Senior System Engineer
Sep 2012 – Jun 2016 (3 years 10 months)
– Daily responsibilities: manage, maintain and develop Soware for Billing/ERP/CRM/Accounting/Sale/BSS/
HRM/DataCenter/Web App/Projects Management, System administration & development.
– Manage BRAS interaction with multiple systems and Radius server (AAA on Centos)
– Expertise in programming with Perl, PHP, .NET, SQL Script, Lotus notes, Linux OS Administration.
Database: MSSQL, MySQL. Hyper-visor: VMWare and Xen. Soware data flow, SDLC and Soware technical
documentations and Data warehouse.
– Manage team of soware developers . Lead and motivate them to finish projects on time. Inspire them to
work hard. Coach and train them when staffs need support.
– Delegate tasks to team members as required. Follow up their progress by daily or weekly meeting. Directly
report to Head of IT.
– Team Responsibilities : Meeting with other departments to acquire requirements, do the analyze then make
proper plans to implement new feature on soware applications.
– Servers health administration, migration and upgrading. Database administration.
System and Database Administrator
Feb 2010 – Sep 2012 (2 years 8 months)
– Coach and manage the team of billing engineers who were in charge of controlling Fixed phone and Internet
Billing Systems for Camintel Telecom in main cities and other provinces.
– Responsibilities: lead the team and assist with producing monthly bills for all telephone and internet
customers. Generate revenue reports for top management. Ensure that the billing system core engine is in
stable state 24/7.
– Skills set: Billing system administration. Project management and task assigning/delegating to team
– New employee interview and training.
– IT Skills: Dot NET, PHP, MSSQL, T-SQL, Linux, Windows server 2003+2008, VPN and producing bills for
International VOIP calls.
Director of IT
The University of Cambodia
Jun 2009 – Feb 2010 (9 months)
– Directly control IT team at the University. Setup clear goals and proper plans for myself as well as for the
– Team members included: Web master, Lan Officer, Network engineers and IT Support staffs.
– Created policies for IT systems to follow university standardization.
-Delegate tasks to team members and keep following up and also coaching them. Motivate staffs to finish
projects on time and build the team to work in harmony
– Weekly meeting with other directors and President of UC.
– Manage and maintain all computer labs and hardware devices of every UC staffs.
– Administrating servers, routers and Wifi access points inside libraries for the University of Cambodia.
JNY Computer Learning Center
Jul 2007 – Jun 2009 (2 years)
– Coaching and motivating IT teachers to move ahead following a set of goals that had been determined and
– Manage computer labs and IT classes for the institute (LAN sharing, firewall, printer, scanner and other
– Produced course text books, presentations for IT teachers. Subjects including Programming, Networking,
Video editing and MS Office applications
– Classrooms and teachers management skill is also my strong point. Weekly meeting with IT teachers to follow
up their teaching progress. Coach them and give advices as needed
– Report to school president all activities and performance results of teachers and students
Internet Department Supervisor
Dec 2002 – Oct 2005 (2 years 11 months)
– Lead the team and inspire them to work hard
– Resolve conflict among team member if required
– Empowering the team as well as making them work in harmony
– Technical skill set: Network Cisco gateway router configuration,
– Dealing with BRAS, DSLAM setup and maintenance.
– Maintain health and performance of Linux mail server, Web server, DNS, proxy and database servers.
University of East London
Master of Science (MSc), Computer System Engineering
2004 – 2006
Location: London, UNITED KINGDOM
Diploma, Computer Science
1998 – 2000
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Leadership & Public Speaking
Certificates of Udemy and Lynda, So Skills Training
2016 – 2016
Licenses & Certifications
- Project Management Fundamentals – Lynda.com
- Leadership Skills Mastery – UdemyLeading Productive Meetings – Lynda.com
- Disaster Risk Financing – World Bank Group
- Open Source Business Models – UNICEF
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing – Google
- AWS Cloud: Addressing Security Risk – Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SQL Server Integration Services – Lynda.com
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microso SQL Server – Lynda.com
- Data Quality – USAID
- COVID19: Operational Planning Guidelines – World Health Organization
- Building High-Performance Team – Lynda.com
- Coaching and Developing Employees – Lynda.com
- Accounting Fundamentals – Lynda.com
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect-Associate – Udemy
Exam Preparation Course
- Epidemiology in Public Health Practice – The Johns Hopkins University
- IBM z/OS Mainframe Practitioner – Professional Certificate – IBM
Project Management • Public Speaking • Telecommunications • Banking • Insurance • Business Analysis • Risk
Management • Leadership • Cloud Computing • Database Administration
Click here to see me on CTN TV Show